To help your arthritic pet live a comfortable life we recommend a balanced and multi-targeted approach. This can help reduce the need for large amounts of medication and lessen the potential side effects of any one treatment.
A few small changes at home can help improve your pet’s comfort so here are our top tips:
- Keep your pet’s weight in a healthy range to reduce the load on the joint
- Provide a dry and comfortable bed, away from draughts and with plenty of padding – heated beds are a good idea for winter
- Use a portable ramp to help your dog in and out of the car
- Provide an additional piece of furniture so your cat doesn’t have to jump so high to reach his favourite sunny spot
- Continue to exercise your pet in moderation; gentle daily walks for dogs help keep the joints moving and muscles toned
Ask us for more information on how to make your home arthritis friendly.