To help your arthritic pet live a comfortable life we recommend a balanced and multi-targeted approach. This can help reduce the need for large amounts of medication and lessen the potential side effects of any one treatment.
A few small changes at home can help improve your pet’s comfort so here are our top tips:
- Keep your pet’s weight in a healthy range to reduce the load on the joint
- Provide a dry and comfortable bed, away from draughts and with plenty of padding – heated beds are a good idea for winter
- Use a portable ramp to help your dog in and out of the car
- Provide an additional piece of furniture so your cat doesn’t have to jump so high to reach his favourite sunny spot
- Continue to exercise your pet in moderation; gentle daily walks for dogs help keep the joints moving and muscles toned
Ask us for more information on how to make your home arthritis friendly.
You must be logged in to post a comment.